Frank R. Saletri
Format Used: My own DVD (Unfortunetly)
Contains: Graphic Lanuage, Graphic Violence, Nudity, Attempted Rape
Also Known As:
Return of Blackenstein
Eddie Turner is a Viet Nam Vet that lost both is legs during combat a number of years ago. Now two Doctors, Doctor Dr. Winifred
Walker and the mysterious Dr. Stien has come up with a way to graft new legs onto his body, giving him the ability to walk
The operation was a complete succuss, but the patient mutated into a creature, his skin grows pale, his head swells and
goes flat and his mind turns to Gell-O. The only thing on it is revenge on the people who wronged him and the rest of the
world. What went wrong, can they fix it?
What went wrong indeed? With the movie, besides the fact that it has the moral "Man shouldn't mess with God's will"
in it like all Frankenstein type movies, but they were talking about resurrecting the dead, trying to create imortality.
This movie says, we should give up medicine and just die. It also makes no sense, how can attaching new legs mess with his
head, it's on the other side of his body for crying out loud! I admit I bought this turkey, only because it was before I had
a Netflix account and I'm selling it ASAP and I'm also giving this major turkey THE NOOSE!
I agree, plus the altenate title doesn't make any sense either, RETURN OF BLACKENSTEIN. How could he return, this is the
first movie and unlike Blacula, there ain't going to be a sequel. This sinks and I too think it deserves the NOOSE
ON THE POSTIVE SIDE (+ HITS):
+ CREATURE EFFECTS (We did like the Blackenstein creature effects)
+ SEEN IT (We never have to watch it again.)
ON THE NEGATIVE SIDE (+ MISSES):
- ANT-MEDICAL MESSAGE (Saying don't take a chance with like giving medical experiment, just lay there and die or you'll become
a mindless monster)
- SENSE (Why did he transform? It was his legs they worked on, not his brain)
- MINDLESS (What happened to his brain, again legs. He wasn't a patchwork monster sewn together from old coprses)
- NAMES (Dr. Stein, what was first name Frank and middle inital N. you know Doctor Frank N. Stein)
- ACTING (I've seen better acting in soap operas)