Format Used: Blockbuster DVD
Contains: Graphic Lanuage, Graphic Violence
A series of bizarre murders happen in East L.A., some would say that's nothing new. But these murders were commited by the
legendary creatures El Chupacabra.
An Animal Control Officer and a woman trying to prove these monsters exist must uncover the conspiracy and catch these
creatures, before they kill again.
The creatures themselves is the only thing this looser of a movie did right. According to legend the Goatsucker is a tiny
creature. But they sucked the animal's blood, not ate the flesh. What's with the pieces of flesh in the monsters teeth? That's
just the tip of the iceberg. The acting was terrible, and what's with making the hero an Animal Control guy, with no real
power he went really nowhere. I liked the creatures, but everything else in this movie was just awful and I have no other
choice but to give this cinematic lemon, THE NOOSE!
I agree with Zedd, the characters are poorly written. If they were anymore transparent, I could see what they had for lunch.
Plus, the dialog was something out of a fifties low budget turkey. The climax has the company that accidentally unleashed
them are getting away with the monsters in a back of a van. Lazy writing, there is a million other ways they could have left
the story open without having the villain win. Hello. The monsters should have been killed, but the hero was so inept, he
couldn't do that right. I also give the NOOSE!
ON THE POSTIVE SIDE (+ HITS):
+ CREATURE EFFECTS (The one thing they got right, the creatures look like the eye witnesses disgribed)
ON THE NEGATIVE SIDE (+ MISSES):
- CHARACTERS (The characters were poorly written and calling them 2-dimentional would be giving them two much depth!)
- DIALOG (Such horrorble dialog shouldn't be blamed on ED WOOD.)
- ACTING (Maybe if the producers gave the actors more time to rehearse, it would have at least been slightly better, but
the acting was just awful.)
- EATING (The Goat sucker sucks the blood, not eats the flesh)
- OUR HERO (An animal control officer with no real power)
- COPS (I know the reputation of the L.A. Cops are bad, but these guys were almost evil and annoying!)
- ENDING (The ending has the hero throwing up his hands, saying "OH WELL" while the head fot he evil company
that started all this crap is seen driving off with the still alive monsters in the back of a van. That is no way to leave
a movie open and I hope this the last we hear of this movie and there isn't a sequel!)